Try saving that section of the registry to a floppy or to a folder on the
server so you can slap it back on when needed.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Bill Day
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 3:51 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] help with microsoft word

finally got it to work ! !!
I had to edit the registry and delete the subkey. wow what a pain. I sure
hope no one else figures out how to remove the menu and toolbars.
thanks for the advice.
Bill
TRV

on 5/17/05 3:39 PM, Bill Day at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> nothing works yet. any more ideas?
> Bill Day
>

> on 5/17/05 3:28 PM, Brian Ney at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> I vaguely remember this (or something like it) happening to me.  Try
>> searching for the file called "normal.dot" on your "C" drive.  Sometimes,
it
>> seems to be just called "normal"  Rename it "oldnormal" and run Word
again.
>> See if that does the trick.
>>
>> Brian Ney
>> N. Kossuth

[This E-mail scanned for viruses by the schaller-crest.k12.ia.us server.]

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by the schaller-crest.k12.ia.us server.]