I have been observing Moodle for some time and used a similar
product called POSTNUKEM and POSTCALENDAR to run a calendaring and
multi-featured web site. Moodle has the pieces that everyone can use on
any platform. An ideal world would be for AEA8 to adopt Moodle and
supply the support at all levels to make it work. Ii has most of the
pieces for NCLB but better than that I think it is versatile enough to
adopt to the next NCLB, whatever it is. Right now, every school has
their own way of doing things and yet we expect AEA support in what we
do. Not possible. I know its crazy to expect everyone to do the same
thing, but I haven't seen our state take the lead in making choices like
some of our neighboring states have made. I've been around the tech
business for almost 30 years and have hoped that at some time we'd all
be on kind of the same page.
        Since Scott is talking about web hosting. That eliminates much
of the local day to day support if a small district wishes to use it.
Locally, we would probably host our own for various reasons.
        Adopting Moodle AEA wide hopefully would make our jobs easier
not more difficult. As Techs, we won't be making the decision, but our
superintendents could. I just think its time to get everyone in the same
book and work towards getting in the same chapter and eventually on the
same page. Web based content will drive everything that we do in the
future. It will be independent of the platform used.
        It might be worthwhile to arrange bus trips to schools that have
adopted most of the features of Moodle. We have an opportunity here.

George