From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tim Buenz
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:29 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] MYSPACE and FACEBOOK

LightSpeed does a pretty good job with blocking these proxies. Plus we can
block keyword searches such as proxy, proxie, etc. We also have keywords like
unblock, myspace, etc. in our suspicious search engine query report that gets
sent to me daily. If students are trying to bypass or bypass the filtering
their internet access is removed for a period beginning at 3 wks.

Tim
--
Tim Buenz
Director of Technology

On Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:57 AM, Richardson,Tony <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>Has anyone out there found a way to actually stop the use of MySpace
>and Facebook on school networks? These HTTP Proxies appear to be
>unstoppable. Is there some kind of "signature" for these two social
>network services that I could use in the Intrusion Prevention Filter on
>my firewall?  HELP!
>

>Tony Richardson,
>Technology Coordinator
>Humboldt Community School District
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
[This E-mail Scanned For Viruses By Declude Virus Scanner] [This E-mail Scanned
For Spam By Declude JunkMail]