Tony,

I found someone showing how to check service status with Powershell

http://digitalformula.net/scripts/powershell-checking-windows-services-statu
s/

I also found someone who shows how to restart services with Powershell.

http://chrisfederico.wordpress.com/2008/01/23/using-powershell-to-restart-se
rvices/

Maybe take a look at the two and combine them to get the results/script you
are looking for.

Good luck!

--Jason Kehoe