Ok.  Well I'm going to take these opinions and review my thoughts after hearing
how things seem to turn out.  Thanks for all the help.  If you have any more
opinions or suggestions of things we should do please let me know.

From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On
Behalf Of A.Bloomquist
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 11:14 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] Laptop Carts

We have two mobile labs in our elementary.  One thing I have done is to have a
wireless access point set up on the cart itself.  When the mobile lab is in a
classroom, the base is then connected to the network in the classroom, thus
keeping a strong signal for the mobile lab.

There is also a printer on the cart connected to the access point to provide
for printing to be done in the classroom where the lab is located.

Just info to share for what it is worth.

Ann

Ann Bloomquist

Ann Bloomquist

Technology  Coordinator