We're on PCs here and we have had that issue and I am trying to remember
what we did about it. It seems that the secretaries were not doing
something correctly in the office portion of the program which caused
this. I don't know how it works with Apple though.

From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us
[mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On Behalf Of Timothy A. Limbert
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:01 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: [info-tech] JMC attendance issue

We're having an issue with JMC period attendance, where a teacher will
send attendance for a period, but it doesn't come through to the office
properly.  The office shows that the teacher DID send attendance for
that period, but the kids they counted absent don't show up as absent.
I've witnessed the problem from both ends, so I know it's not user
error.  It happens seemingly randomly, with some teachers' attendance
coming through fine, and doesn't even happen consistently with the same
teachers.  JMC acknowledges the problem, but claims it's a bug in Mac OS
X 10.5 Server that they can't address.  Of course, Apple claims it's a
JMC software issue.

Anybody have any suggestions?

---

Timothy A. Limbert