So that's why that message appears every once in a while . . . . I've always wondered . . .

I have had issues where things don't seem to work . . . go down to restart the cgi (this year) acgi (in years past). Usually there is a message there is pending attendance (in the 10,000's). Once I restart usually everything works smoothly again. My understanding is it's something that will be fixed in the web based version, but for now I just periodically restart.
On Jan 29, 2009, at 1:51 PM, Timothy A. Limbert wrote:

I used to have that problem but an update of the web modules solved that, I believe. I am using CGI.

From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech- ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On Behalf Of Karl Hehr
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:38 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] JMC attendance issue

Not a specific issue that I have seen here, but when ANYONE is in the Period attendance module when a teacher submits attendance the module locks up, as in it will no longer accept attendance entries. THe teachers get a red "You have pending attendance" message and that is how I know it is screwed up. To solve this one I have to restart the JMC.cgi application on my webserver. Do you use the CGI or ACGI? Does restarting that take care of the issue?

Karl H. Hehr
Technology/Curriculum Director
South Hamilton CSD
www.s-hamilton.k12.ia.us