We just got our first two real Smart boards in November (I'm a little
embarrassed to say that).  We also have a older Mimio (that one teacher
really likes!).  I like the Smart boards, and so do the teachers who have
them, but I am not terribly impressed with the software that runs them.  A
little confusing, stuff changes too much when there are updates, and it
seems to hang up too often.  I do like the touch-sensitive nature of the
Smart boards (you can use your fingers), as opposed to the Prometheans where
you have to use the pen.  But, I'm more impressed with the Promethean
software.  We also have the Senteo "clickers" (instant-response system), and
they're cool too, but again, the Promethean ones seem better to me.

My general opinion is that there is nobody in any classroom that couldn't
benefit from an interactive whiteboard.  I love to demonstrate tech stuff
with one, and control everything just by touching the board.

---

Timothy A. Limbert

Technology Coordinator

Newell-Fonda CSD