From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us]
On Behalf Of Karl Hehr
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 12:44 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] Projectors vs. LCD

We have projectors and by the Fall I will have 40 classrooms with
projectors mounted to the ceiling.  They get used constantly and there
were many teachers that were upset that they had to wait a year to get
"theirs"  Since every classroom has a white board( not a Smartboard,
but a board that is indeed white) They can project and annotate on the
board, where as a TV would have to be mounted in such a way that would
not block the chalkboard/whiteboard. As far as ease of use, you still
have to teach the teachers how to "mirror" their screens to get them
to work. (Unless you are a Apple district) Just my 2cents

Karl H. Hehr
Technology/Curriculum Director
South Hamilton CSD
www.s-hamilton.k12.ia.us
515.827.5418 (W)
515.209.9767 (C)
515.827.5368 (F)

Luddite by Degrees
1) Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and
ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2) Anything that's invented between when you're 15 and 35 is new and
exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3) Anything invented after you're 35 is again the natural order of
things

--- Douglas Adams