A while back we blocked skype through the Cisco router. If you have Cisco,
there could be in the Config... just a thought.

Murray

-----Original Message-----
From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On
Behalf Of Karl Hehr
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:42 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] Skype

I am 100% sure the 8e6 box is causing the issue, but the 8e6 is just doing
content filtering and has no firewall rules so no ports are being blocked at
that level.  What I am trying to trackdown is... when Skype authenticates does
it only talk with a Skype.com domain or is it something like iTunes and
connects to akami.net or some other redirect.

Karl H. Hehr
Technology/Curriculum Director
South Hamilton CSD
www.s-hamilton.k12.ia.us
515.827.5418 (W)
515.209.9767 (C)
515.827.5368 (F)

Luddite by Degrees
1) Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is
just a natural part of the way the world works.
2) Anything that's invented between when you're 15 and 35 is new and exciting
and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3) Anything invented after you're 35 is again the natural order of things

                                                        --- Douglas Adams

>>> http://www.emmetsburg.k12.ia.us
>>> http://ehawktech.blogspot.com
>>>
>>> Twitter: mmueller0926