From: info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us [mailto:info-tech-ow...@aea8.k12.ia.us] On
Behalf Of Jim Kerns
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2010 9:45 AM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: [info-tech] Skype

Quick question:

Who uses Skype, and do you have any issues getting the traffic past your
content filter?  Our content filter stops it as P2P traffic (which it really
is...).  I could get past that if I could use a specific port, but Skype is all
over the place on ports, and you can only set a static inbound port, not
outbound.  I am working with the vendor (Deep Nines), but I am curious what
others are doing.

Google Talk anyone?

Jim Kerns
Spencer Community Schools