Hi,

On 02/25/2013 06:02 PM, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
### IRC ###
1. I think that we should create new channels on irc, #ovirt is not
enough.

Would you explain why it's time to fork #ovirt? I do not see TOO much
traffic or confusion there.

I think that we need to prepare for the future and do things correctly.
I think that this will help the project to grow.

<snip>
Generally, I prefer to create new channels when it's extremely clear
it's needed. (I can tend to overthink this by creating too much at the
start, so I've learned to pull back to the basics and grow as needed.) I
don't think I see that we've reached the "extremely clear" traffic level.

I agree with Karsten - we split channels when the old ones get too busy (or do something to manage the busyness).

Some of the things which I think, along these lines, would be very positive are: * Consolidating developer lists (arch, vdsm-devel, enginer-devel, node-devel) into one main developer list to ensure that we get away from the "mass CC" phenomenon - I previously proposed updating list descriptions and renaming arch to devel, the difference between vdsm-devel and engine-devel (where developers talk) and arch (where they don't, much) has actually grown since then. * Figuring out how to make the users list more manageable. A few things come to mind: * Opening a forum, so that people don't feel overwhelmed with 50-100 emails a day * Figuring out whether there are questions coming to the users list which really should be FAQs, bugs, or things we can improve in the design/install process to anticipate some of the questions being asked. * Splitting the users list - I do not favour this solution, because there's no clear unconfusing way to split it.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13