Hi,

okay, so let me explain why I thought it would be good if the link to
the keyboard reference lived in 'Books and Manuals'.

To me, a keyboard reference is something that should be part of the
manual. It belongs into the 'documentation' section.
We do not have a page called 'Documentation', but the thing which is
nearest to this is 'Manual'.
I would not want to delete it from that page again, because it (for
me...) so clearly belongs there.

I did not want to make this an extra menu item, because that menu item
would then lead to a page with only a single link on it.
This would not make too much sense, in my opinion.

Why I would not want to put it on the main 'Learn' page is because I
consider that page an overview of the sub-sections, which is supposed to
help you find the right subsection.
I do not like the duplication of links too much for maintenance reasons.
We will have to exchange the link in several places for the next version
and for (up to) 12 languages. That's the kind of work I would like to
avoid - the links are version specific, unfortunately.

If we add it in to the section overview page, too, someone needs to want
to do all the exchange work. I have done this for one Inkscape version
(almost) alone already, and I'd really be happy if it would be limited
to the strictly necessary.

If you still want to add it, we can do so, of course - majority vote ;)

Kind regards,
 Maren

Am 23.05.2015 um 19:21 schrieb Donna Benjamin:
> I'd say it makes sense to reference the shortcuts from the learn page.
>
> Via mobile.
>
>> On 22 May 2015, at 4:12 am, Brynn <br...@frii.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Maren and all,
>>        I think it's neither a book or a manual, so I have some concern
>> about it being on that page.  The new FAQ item sounds great though!
>>        I guess you must have a reason for not having it on the Learn page?
>> I understand about not being in the menu.  I don't agree, but I understand.
>> But to me, Learn page seems more appropriate.
>>        Discuss?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> brynn

>>> Maren