Hi Brynn,

>> I did not want to make this an extra menu item, because that menu item
>> would then lead to a page with only a single link on it.
>> This would not make too much sense, in my opinion.
>
> I don't understand that.  Why does it matter if the Keys and Mouse
> Reference only has 1 link on it?

- Because we would make an extra menu entry for a page like this:
http://staging.inkscape.org/en/keyboard-and-mouse-reference
That menu entry would make the corresponding sub-menu longer, it creates
an extra page which needs to be edited separately, and the resulting
page is largely empty.  I think it's not worth all this 'extra', if we
can find a home for that link somewhere else.
Of course if we could directly include the reference on the page, then
it would make a lot more sense...
Oh no! Maybe that was what you meant all the time?...

>> Why I would not want to put it on the main 'Learn' page is because I
>> consider that page an overview of the sub-sections, which is supposed to
>> help you find the right subsection.
>
> The Learn page happens to be that, an overview with links leading to
> the sub-pages.  But not all of the main menu pages are strictly an
> overview. For example, the Community page has content of its own, that
> does not have any sub-pages.  And there are sub-pages or sub-menu
> items which are not previewed on the main Community page.

- Right :)
>> I do not like the duplication of links too much for maintenance reasons.
>
> I don't understand what you mean about duplication of links.

- The link would be on the Manual page *and* on the Learn page. That's
two, because I'd want to keep it next to the manual in any case ;) (just
as the tutorials are duplicates, and they are a pain to edit, when you
need to find out their respective links for all those languages. Because
of the plugin links, simple copy-paste doesn't work, either...)

> I guess I would not mind it being on Books and Manuals page, if it was
> re-named Books, Manuals, Reference, or something that indicates the
> Keys reference might be there  And I see that the command line ref is
> there too. I didn't realize that was there.  It must have been added
> since the last time I looked at that page.
>
> So if the menu item and page name indicates that references are there,
> it gives visitors a clue.  If I were an Inkscape user who hasn't
> figured out how to use the Help menu, I probably would not guess that
> I could find the Keys ref on the Books page.
>
> Books, Manuals and Refs is probably too long for the menu.  How about
> just Manuals and Reference.  Because books about Inkscape really are
> manuals anyway.  Or maybe "Manuals, Reference"?

- How about the more standard 'Documentation' or 'Docs and Literature'?
But yes, that's essentially what I'd like most. It would collect things
that belong together on one page, and make it quite clear what that page
is about.
I'm only a little hesitant about renaming the page, because other people
may have linked to it...  *If* we change the name, we should create a
redirect (so old links will still lead to the page), and also be very
certain about the new name, so we won't change it another time (and need
another redirect).

Probably Hinerangi or Martin may have some opinion about this, too, as
it touches usability and naming preferences ;)

Regards,
 Maren