Le 08/04/2016 15:14, Elisa Godoy de Castro Guerra a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Courtneay want help in the translation of the initiation inkscape in
> french to translate it into english.
> FMfr host this project here :
> http://fr.flossmanuals.net/start-with-inkscape/_edit/
>
> join our force.
>
> Cheers,
> Elisa

Hi Elisa,

Shouldn't the translated manual be on en.flossmanuals.net?

Please be careful with the translation… Seeing something like ‘Draw
since geometric shapes’, I'm a bit afraid. It should rather be ‘Draw
using/with/from geometric shapes’ or even just ‘Draw geometric shapes’.

Viewing the manual, I see many microtypographic imperfections, and the
way things are expressed could easily be improved… Can I touch it? I
already started.
I also wonder how it could be renamed from ‘Initiation Inkscape’ to
‘Initiation à Inkscape’.

>     Hi Sylvain,

Hi Brynn,

>             Sorry for delay in responding.  Because of the title, ("code
>     style")
>     I thought the message might be about something that I can't help
>     with.  So I
>     didn't read it right away and only just now read it.

The ‘+’ in the subject meant that I talked about two subjects in a
single message. But I should have sent two messages, like others do.
It's saved in my brain.

>             Yes, I'd be very happy to help!  But what's the plan now?
>             Since the FLOSS manual is now editable, are we looking to
>     that, for
>     the creation of a more step by step (rather than theoretical) open
>     manual?
>     Or are we going to use a translation of the French introduction
>     chapter as a
>     starting point for a new and open manual?

This is what I stated: I could translate the French introduction into
English and maybe you could make it a better English-ed book.

But actually, reading the book, I don't really find what it brings to
the reader… It's just a bit more detailed than the tutorials, but not
much. And the style or pedagogy aren't magic.

I would rather prefer a theoretical manual, as you're saying, something
that needs a bit of skills to be read and understood, but quickly
provides interesting information.

That's that? What would you like most?
--
Sylvain