Am 18.06.2016 um 11:20 schrieb Brynn:
> Ok, yes.  I'll have a look :-)
>
> I did wonder why the extra anchor or question was made.  I would have
> just added a couple of extra sentences to the answer for FAQ #1.5.
>
> The reason I have that thought, is because it is in the General section.
> This is the section where we want to make Inkscape sound like a great
> program.  And "Why does Inkscape only export PNGs?" as a question by
> itself, doesn't seem to fit with the other general type of questions.
> It makes it sound like it might be a bad thing about Inkscape.  It seems
> like it would belong more in the How-To section, if it is a separate
> question.  (Or maybe it would be "How to export JPGs?")
>
> But I understand that sometimes it is a fine line, whether a question
> belongs here or there.  If everyone else agrees about the organization,
> I'll just check the text, and leave the format alone.

- Didn't look too closely at the organization, but I agree with you,
Brynn - I think it could work like this:

"Inkscape can natively import most raster formats (JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc.)
as bitmap images, but it can only export PNG bitmaps.

Inkscape does not intend to export other raster formats than PNG as this
is currently the most suited format for vector graphics: it uses
lossless compression and is supported by typically all graphics or
rendering software.

If you really need to get your vector in another raster format (e.g.
because your document contains bitmaps and the PNG file size is large or
if you want to use your vector on a platform which only accepts JPEG),
you will have to convert the exported PNG with another software (such as
the GIMP or ImageMagick) or an extension, for example, <a>this one</a>.

Inkscape can save as SVG, SVGZ, PDF, Postscript/EPS/EPSi, LaTeX (*.tex),
POVRay (*.pov), HPGL, and MANY others. Starting with version 0.91,
Inkscape can save as: FXG (Flash XML Graphics), SIF (Synfig Animation
Studio), HTML5 Canvas, and there are improvements for XAML export.
Please see “Exporting Other File Types” section of the Exporting Files
chapter of the manual, for more details.

If you need another export format that Inkscape currently does not
offer, you can make a suggestion to add it to Inkscape in the Inkscape
bug tracker."

Regards,
 Maren