In your previous mail you wrote:

   As a preliminary note, I will suggest to you that your quoting
   conventions ...

=> as I can't see a difference between mine and yours I suggest
to address this in private.

   > >    This claim requires an adequate operationalization of "privacy".  What
   > >    exactly does one mean by this?  Most of the claims I hear about it,
   > >    including a number of the windy assertions that there is a fundamental
   > >    right (whatever that is) to it, seem never to state what exactly it is
   > >    supposed to mean.
   >
   > => it is in the European Convention on Human Rights as a legal
   > principle so there is at least a basis but I am afraid it won't really
   > help. As a (French) lawyer explained to me one day, a legal text must be
   > as less accurate as possible so it can be applied to more than one
   > particular case so a legal principle...

=> I (mis?)interpreted your message as asking for a formal definition
of the term "privacy" so I tried to answer.

   > PS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Convention_on_Human_Rights
   > (see the article 8 about privacy).

   Yes, of course.  We should base new policies on the official opinion
   of all the people who can be bothered to work on Wikipedia articles.

=> you are free to follow the pointer to the text itself and not stop
at the comments which, I agree, can't be blindly assume as impartial.

Regards

francis.dup...@fdupont.fr