Oh, certainly if the intermediate layer's variant of fragmentation is
better than IP's, sure - SEAL has similar benefits.

Your 4th bullet point is the one I hope we can start objecting to,
though - if IP can't allow fragments, it's not IP and we should simply
return that sort of mislabeled equipment (presuming it says "supports IP").

On your last point regarding UDP ports, that should matter only for
IPv4. For IPv6, the flow ID is a better place to coordinate path
fate-sharing.

Joe