Op 06/07/2016 om 21:17 schreef André Pönitz:
On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 08:34:44AM +0200, André Somers wrote:
Note that even if you define your GUI in QML, you can still do
everything else in C++. The QML doesn't have to be much more than what
you already have as .ui files now, and they are not C++ either are
they?
I keep hearing "If done well, QML is no worse that .ui", but why would
that matter to me? Most of my widgets are done in code, refactoring
typically "just works", and it's typically less(!) lines than doing the
same thing in QML.

I did not mention better or worse. It's different, and it is what you need to use to make full use of the GPU. If that is not needed for your usecase, widgets may suit your needs better. Great! There is nothing wrong with widgets if you ask me, and I think that there is still plenty of room for development there even if the official status is "done". But it is never going to be as performant graphically as Quick 2 is. As long as you ('all) are aware of its limitations, it's still a great and mature technology.

André