> On 19 Mar 2021, at 12:12, Roland Hughes <rol...@logikalsolutions.com> wrote:
>

> On 3/19/21 6:00 AM, Giuseppe D'Angelo wrote:
>> Il 18/03/21 12:41, Christian Gagneraud ha scritto:
>>
>>> My main grief is that Qt doesn't seem to care about C++.
>>> What was their last contribution to the standard?
>>>
>> Apart from hiring the ex-chair of the WG21 Evolution Working Group?
>>
>> (Can we stop with the FUD please?)
>>
> Can we stop the willy-nilly deletion of existing convenience methods
> currently used in products in the field?
> --
> Roland Hughes, President

Hey Roland,

Giving Qt 6 a leaner API was a conscious decision in many cases to avoid the
API from bloating too much. We can add convenience wrappers and overloads when
we see that they are really needed.

We might have gone a bit far in some cases, but the porting experiences I’ve
read so far suggest that by and large it has been a rather decent experience.

Do you have any particular classes in mind?

Volker