On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 at 08:10, Jörg Bornemann <joerg.bornem...@qt.io> wrote:

> On 8/4/22 19:42, Scott Bloom wrote:
>
> > Is there a Qt supported linuxdeployqt comparable to the windeployqt?
> >
> > I found the 3^rd party version, but the command line args are very
> > different.
>
> Mitch already pointed you to QTBUG-74940.  The biggest question
> regarding a linuxdeployqt is: what exactly is the deployment format
> going to be?  There's no standard way of deploying Linux applications.
> There are many.
>
> The community contributions create AppImage packages.  That seems to be
> a reasonable choice.  Other opinions?

It seems to me that how a Qt app is actually packaged/deployed is
out-of-scope of a linuxdeployqt tool.

It seems macdeployqt actually build bundles, but windeployqt just copy
files next to the .exe file.
IMHO a linuxdeployqt should just copy files, like windeployqt. Given the
number of way to package apps under Linux, the actual packaging should be
left to other tools.

BR

Benjamin