On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 17:06, Paul M. Jones <pmjo...@pmjones.io> wrote:

> Hi Rowan,
>
> > On Feb 27, 2020, at 10:57, Rowan Tommins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > you seem to be happy to just put it out there and see
>
> Perhaps it was not your intent, but even so: please don't put words in my
> mouth. We spoke of this before; quoting myself from <
> https://externals.io/message/108436#108650> ...
>
> > I don't *expect* anything from existing published library authors;
> however ...
> >
> > • I *suspect* that some will choose to ignore this extension,
> >
> > • that others will decorate or extend it,
> >
> > • and that still others may find their own work so close to this
> extension that they migrate over to it entirely.
>
> I continue to hold that position.

Perhaps I am over-interpreting them, but the words you choose always seem
to me very passive, as though shrugging and saying "it might happen, or it
might not".

In the exchange quoted above, I can see why "expect" might have felt too
strong, but "suspect" is right at the other extreme; do you also "hope",
"desire", or "want" people to use it?

Regards,
--
Rowan Tommins