On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 11:31 PM Jakob Givoni <ja...@givoni.dk> wrote:

> Hi Rowan,
>
> On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 4:01 PM Rowan Tommins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > While I'd personally be fine with this change, I think we should
> > understand why the previous proposal failed rather than just hoping the
> > vote goes differently this time.
>
> I think you have a good point here.
> I've only been around for a short time so I can't comment on historical
> reasons.
> And though I agree the proposal is logical and consistent, I have this
> nagging feeling in the back of my brain:
> Are we encouraging functions with long lists of parameters so that
> they need to be on their own lines?

Just to say, with descriptive names and type declarations (and now
union types), even a method with just two or three parameters can need
to be wrapped to keep lines below 120 characters ;) Maybe the RFC
could include an example?

But I am curious too about why it failed last time.

--
Guilliam Xavier