On 01-04-2021 06:54, Bishop Bettini wrote:
I've documented why we need signing, and how to set it up:

https://wiki.php.net/vcs/commit-signing

Feedback welcomed!

In "Step 5 of 7: Configure git to use that key ID" you set
`git config --global --replace user.signingkey "${GPG_KEYID}"`

I found that git falls back to sign with a key matching the `user.email` when `commit.gpgsign` is true. So because I have set user.email for my php related git repo to langemei...@php.net setting the `user.signingkey` seems to be unnecessary, and it will pick the right key.

This won't work when user.email is different from the identity in user.signingkey, but that situation should be avoided.