On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 6:16 PM Mike Schinkel <m...@newclarity.net> wrote:

> > On May 17, 2021, at 10:50 AM, Guilliam Xavier <guilliam.xav...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 6:58 AM Mike Schinkel <m...@newclarity.net
> <mailto:m...@newclarity.net>> wrote:
> >
> > Casting is another interesting approach that does feel more consistent
> with the existing language.
> >
> > Since it *is* creating a closure, wouldn't this make the most sense?
> >
> > $partial = (closure) abc();
> >
> > Ouch! definitely NOT!
> >
> > $partial = (closure) xyz(?,24);
>

> Mind if I ask for you to elaborate on your aversion?
>
> Asking for general understanding, not to debate the point.
>
> -Mike

Hey Mike,

Let me share something that's possible now and it would be pretty weird
with the casting syntax:

*(function (...$params) {    var_dump($params);})(?, 2)(1, ?)(?, 4)(?, ?,

Will pass the parameter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 in order to the closure that
was initially defined.
I think casting requires extra grouping.