Hey All

Am 19.07.21 um 17:02 schrieb Andreas Heigl:
> Hey All
>
> Am 19.07.21 um 16:34 schrieb Levi Morrison via internals:
>> On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 2:38 AM Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hey Tobias,
>>>
>>> My response here is basically the same as the last time the topic came up:
>>> https://externals.io/message/110936#110937 Voting is just the very last
>>> step of the RFC process, at which point the proposal can no longer be
>>> influenced. If you have feedback about a proposal based on your extensive
>>> experience in PHP's open source ecosystem, then the discussion phase is the
>>> time to provide it, while it can still influence the proposal, as well as
>>> other people's view of the proposal.
>>
>> I second this.
>>
>>> At least in my personal opinion, I think it's important that people granted
>>> voting rights as community representatives have at least some historical
>>> involvement in RFC discussions.
>>
>> I agree with this, but have no specific objection to granting Tobias
>> voting karma, as this is underspecified; how long should they
>> participate? What kinds of involvement are appropriate? Being
>> underspecified is not really their fault, and I don't feel like it
>> would be an abuse to grant them voting karma, but do think it would be
>> an abuse to deny them voting karma indefinitely because "we" don't get
>> around to specifying it. It should be less of a decision on a
>> case-by-case basis and more of a checklist.
>>

> Sounds like we need an RFC to make it clearer how voting karma for the
> RFC process will be granted in the future.

I have created a draft for an RFC to implement future rules for granting
voting karma.

If you want to contribute to that, feel free to open a PR against it[1].

To be able to make the future karma grants more trnasparent this needs
input from everyone: Opponoents as well as proponents!

I'm looking forward to a fruitful conversation and to a great RFC that
can move us to more transparency.

Cheers

Andreas

[1]