Hey Mike

Am 20.07.21 um 15:11 schrieb Mike Schinkel:
>> On Jul 20, 2021, at 8:55 AM, Andreas Heigl <andr...@heigl.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Mike
>>
>> Thank you for your feedback!
>>
>> Am 20.07.21 um 11:57 schrieb Mike Schinkel:
>>> Quoting the RFC

>>> You mention what types of contributions apply, but give no indication of
>>> quantity.  If someone fixes one bug, does that give them voting rights?  I
>>> would assume not.  So is it two bugs, 10 bugs, 100?
>>
>> As the RFC is still not finished especially in terms of wording that is
>> something that definitely needs some improvements. I tried to leave it
>> as open as possible in the initial draft to have that as basis for
>> further discussions. What do you think would be an appropriate number?
>
> As I don't have voting rights, I don't think I am in an empowered position to
> make specific suggestions.

That's got nothing to do with empowerment. You raised the issue so what
would you think is an adequate number? ;-)

Whether that will be something that internals will find appropriate is a
different story, but having a base for discussion is always helpful.

> If I were going to design the PHP's governance I would design differently,
> but since I'm not in a role to do that I can only accept that PHP governance
> is the way that it is, and point out things I think might be problematic. >
> As for specific suggestions? I'll let others who already have a vote specify
> those.

If we leave the specs only to those with voting rights then nothing
might change as they have a fair share of work already. So proposing
something to them that they can then use as a base for discussion is
always easier than pushing others to come up with something ;-)

Cheers

Andreas

--
                                                              ,,,