Quoting the RFC

> the requester has contributed to the PHP sourcecode ecosystem.

You mention what types of contributions apply, but give no indication of
quantity.  If someone fixes one bug, does that give them voting rights?  I
would assume not.  So is it two bugs, 10 bugs, 100?

> these contributions show a consistent effort

How is "consistent" defined?  How frequently and for what minimum time period?

> the requester has shown interaction with the main discussion medium of the
> relevant part

This is unclear to me. I assume "the main discussion medium" is more than just
the mailing list, otherwise you would have said the mailing list, right?

 And what does "relevant part" mean?   Maybe some examples would help, at least
in reply.

> the requester has a proponent that currently has voting karma

Agreeing with Jordan LeDoux, these seems primed to make current voting members
a target for wanna-be voters.

Maybe this could discuss processes that would naturally bring people to want to
sponsor someone, such as (maybe?) recommending they first "apprentice" under
one or more people by helping document, helping fix bugs, or working with them
on an RFC?

> The requester should search a proponent of their case that then proposes the
> request for voting karma to the dedicated discussion medium for such
> requests. The proposal should include the reasons why the proponent thinks
> the requester fullfills the above stated requirements.

Are you really suggesting that allowing someone new to vote would be held out
in the open, where the discussions about that person will get recorded on
externals.io <http://externals.io/> and indexed by Google for all to see,
forevermore?

Seems like discussion about an individual should respect the long term privacy
of the individual a bit more, especially for those who will be turned down.

> When there are more approvals than objections the voting karma will be
> granted.

How is voting to be done?  Yay's and nay's on a mailing list?  Or some other
way?

And voting right can be approved with 51% whereas most RFCs require 67% to pass?

I ask these questions so people who might be interested in getting voting
rights would have an objective roadmap for how to get there otherwise it would
seem to just be documenting an extremely subjective process.  (Which might be
all you are attempting to do?)

Anyway, #jmtcw.

-Mike