On Sun, Aug 15, 2021, 04:33 Marco Pivetta <ocram...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Heyo, just a follow-up.
>
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2021, 13:30 Marco Pivetta, <ocram...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey Nicolas,
> >
> > I voted NO on this one. I'm not opposed to nullable intersection types,
> > but not in PHP 8.1.
> >
> > Specifically, I'm waiting for the first RC releases to land in September
> > to even start looking at PHP 8.1 support for any of my projects, and
> > stability is key.
> >
> > I also am not on board with the lack of design around reflection API
> here.
> >

> I just re-checked the RFC, and I'm completely against the reflection design
> in here (which I previously dismissed as "oversight").
>
> An `(A&B)|null` is **not** a `ReflectionIntersectionType`, but should
> instead be a `ReflectionUnionType`.
>

> Therefore, adding this to the "NO" reasons, since we'll otherwise have to
> live with this mistake for many years to come.

Just to mention here, `A|null` is also not a `ReflectionUnionType` but a
`ReflectionNamedType`,
union with null already being a special case.
https://3v4l.org/lM9NJ

But the fact that these things might not be known clearly and the fact that
nullability concept wasn't discussed and agreed on for the type system in
general, I also think the feature can wait for 8.2.

Alex