> On 15 Aug 2021, at 16:46, Patrick ALLAERT <patrickalla...@php.net> wrote:
>
> Le ven. 13 août 2021 à 11:35, Nicolas Grekas <nicolas.gre...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm happy to announce that the vote for nullable intersection types is now
>> open:
>> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/nullable_intersection_types
>>
>> It'll close in two weeks, on the 27th.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nicolas
>>

> Hi Nicolas,
>
> I am afraid that this is way too late for PHP 8.1. We are 2 weeks away from
> RC 1 and we are in feature freeze.
>
> I would recommend closing the vote and re-open it for PHP 8.2 unless I
> missed something that justifies breaking the feature freeze rule.
>
> @Joe, @Ben Ramsey <b...@benramsey.com>: your opinion?
>
> Cheers,
> Patrick

Hey Patrick.

This has been discussed already. See https://externals.io/message/115554
<https://externals.io/message/115554>

TLDR; This is not a feature. It is to correct a mistake which is exactly what
the stabilisation phase is for.
Some people still think this should be for 8.2.
The discussion started 4(!) months before the release of 8.1. It is now more
than 3(!) months before release of 8.1.

Some people claim this is being “rushed”. I really don’t think that adding this
patch 3 months before a release is “rushing it”.

// Tobias