On Wed, Mar 02, 2022 at 05:43:25PM +0100, Victor Bolshov wrote:
> Just one more thing: as of yesterday, in response to western sanctions and
> supplies of letal arms to Ukraine from EU countries, Putin has ordered
> Russian nuclear forces to switch to a special alert regime, which means they
> will be ready to strike at any moment. Anything that can help stop this
> insanity, is welcome, IMO.

How Putin will react to a banner on the PHP web site, or any other action, is
anybody's guess.

I have put something on my own web site. It is an expression of solidarity with
Ukraine - something to encourage them. It Putin/Russia notices it I suspect
that it will only invite a DDOS attack or similar - if they do anything at all.

The big question: should there be something on the PHP web site. Hard to answer
as the discussion has shown. I would say "no" but encourage everyone who has a
personal site to do so and to raise discussion with their employer about so
doing.

Maybe also help financially (eg URL below), but beware: scammers will have set
up sites like this:

https://www.donateukraine.com/

Personally: I am in my late 60s and this is bringing back unpleasant memories
of my 20s when we were seriously concerned about impending destruction from
nuclear war.

Hugs to all in these difficult times.

--
Alain Williams
Linux/GNU Consultant - Mail systems, Web sites, Networking, Programmer, IT