> I intentionally left `abstract` out of `public const bool CAN_FLY;` in the
> `abstract class` for consistency with the implementation with `interface`,
> which would also have to be `public const bool CAN_FLY;`. Currently
> `abstract` is only used in front of methods `abstract function doThing():
> bool;`. Open to discussion - which way is ideal or preferred? That could be
> included as a subset of an RFC vote if a consensus during discussion isn't
> reached.

I understand, but note that methods are implicitly abstract in an
interface, but it must be explicit in an abstract class; and since I see
the proposed feature mainly as a "replacement" for abstract static methods
[whose all implementations just return a literal value]... (anyway, not
super important)