Hi

On 6/17/22 19:04, Go Kudo wrote:
RFC has been updated. Includes corrections to areas pointed out by Tim and
changes MersenneTwister to MT19937.
I also made it possible to vote for each item.

I suggest to split the "PCG is not so famous" vote into 2 votes to make it clear how exactly the majority is calculated and to have a clear primary vote as indicated in

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/voting#required_majority

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/random_extension_improvement

How about it?

for Tim:

I believe you missed my suggestion (4)

My apologies! I had completely missed that.
That new feature sounds good to me. But, I think the method name
`pickString()` would be better. (It is interoperable with `pickArrayKey()`)

I don't think that ->pickString() is a good name, because it is not really comparable to pickArrayKey(): pickArrayKey() will return each key only once. It is more comparable to:

    substr($r->shuffleString('0123456789abcdef'), 0, 6)

My proposed ->randomString() must be able to return a character multiple times.

If you don't like ->randomString(), I have an alternative suggestion: ->stringFromCharset()

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus