That is one path that should be considered...how to,if at
all possible, tighten things up around extensions that are made
available as part of standard distribution. Make them show stoppers
if thats what is needed. The reason I left it slightly high level
was to let others also do some thinking.
This path would need more community feedback as to how to
acceptably do it ...if it can be done.

The second suggestion was in the second last paragraph in my 2nd email.

2nd sugesstion is an excellent way to tighten things up. But since this
is a community, lets see if the community likes it or what other
effective alternatives they can think of.

-Roshan