On Fri, 25 Nov 2022 at 14:01, Mikhail Galanin <
mikhail.gala...@team.bumble.com> wrote:

> 2. The INI-thing. When initially I mentioned being configurable, I
> realised that it could've been perceived in many different ways:
>
> - we can enable/disable the microseconds
> - we can choose from a pre-defined list of formats (PHP7, PHP7 + msec,
> PHP7+ usec, ISO8601, ISO8601+usec, etc...)
> - we also might want to use an Apache/HTTPd-like approach, e.g.
> "[${time:format} $pid $hostname] $error_message"
>
> Or, once we enable microseconds, we can switch to the ISO format, for
> example (no, I don't like this approach but if we change the setting
> name it might be not that confusing)
>
> What do you think?

While I’d personally like a bit more than microseconds on/off (just so I
can use the same format as other logs)… I think Rowan has the stronger case
on not overcomplicating the code, while still addressing the original issue.

And I’m not going to comment on naming, I’ve got my own I cannot decide on
(literal, vs literal-string, vs LiteralString).

Craig