several PHP versions will be maintained for 10 years by third-party vendors.
PHP5.6 will meet the 10 year mark by 28 august 2024, and freexian.com
maintains PHP5.6 with multiple customers paying 6000€/year for 5.6
maintenance.
Canonical intends to maintain PHP7.0 until April 2026 for their Ubuntu
Pro 16.04.
Canonical intends to maintain PHP7.2 until April 2028 for their Ubuntu
Pro 18.04.
Canonical intends to maintain PHP7.4 until April 2030 for their Ubuntu
Pro 20.04.
Canonical intends to maintain PHP8.1 until April 2032 for their Ubuntu
Pro 22.04.

Red Hat does something similar for their RHEL customers. ~~