On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 6:10 AM Deleu <deleu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't want to use those weird stuff, but I'm
> doing the best I can to replace every single line of old code that has been
> written in an era that "best practices for PHP development" were not what
> you and I know today.

I still do not understand why you're expecting the whole PHP project to put
in enormous efforts to keep the backwards compatibility and solve your
problems (temporarily) instead of you doing so. What's stopping you from
using the last supported PHP version by that codebase and fixing or, worst
case scenario, rewriting it if you wish, while on that (non latest) PHP
version? What causes the desperation to update to the latest PHP? Is it new
features or security fixes, or both?