Just to follow up on that, and going totally off topic, I was reading about
thanks.dev the other day.

One of our concerns is that we can easily give money to top level projects or
things we consciously add but how do you give it to all the dependencies and
the thanks.dev approach seems a good idea (I have a separate problem in that
our projects are rarely on GitHub or GitLab) but does anybody who would
actually benefit from it have any thoughts on whether it would be good for them
or not?