>a misconfiguration

That's my guess too.
I Hope the server configuration people get the message.

>I think the page is just hard-coded in German and English

I'm not sure there is an English version at all - I'm not accessing it
from a german IP address (a Norwegain one - actually multiple
Norwegian ones), and my Accept-Language doesn't mention German, and it
specifically requests English, and I'm not accessing the german
de.php.net, so if an English version existed, there would be no reason
for it to give me a German version, so my best guess is that it's just
hardcoded in German.
(tl;dr: if an English version exists, I have no idea why I was served
the German version.)