> Hi,
>
> The larger issue is that higher-order functions do not inherit the
> `strict_types` mode from its calling code, and this is not specific to
> internal functions.
>
> If you intend to change that for internal functions (with proper deprecation
> period, of course), you might consider making such a behaviour also possible
> for userland functions (probably using some opt-in); so that future
> higher-order internal functions do not become impossible to polyfill.
>
> —Claude

Hi, thank you for confirming.

If you simply put the problem you pointed out in the code, would it be
something like this?
https://gist.github.com/SakiTakamachi/8292dbfe92a2029a6c7b506b12296b7d

Admittedly, I don't think this is intuitive either.

However, if you always inherit the strict_types of the PHP file that is the
starting point of processing, in most frameworks the settings in “index.php"
will affect everything.

When considering the inheritance of strict_types, I think that it should be an
attribute that can be set in “php.ini" instead of being specified for each file.

What do you think?

saki