Le mer. 5 juin 2024 à 10:18, Benjamin Außenhofer <kont...@beberlei.de> a
écrit :

> On Wed, May 22, 2024 at 9:22 AM Benjamin Außenhofer <kont...@beberlei.de>
> wrote:
>
>> The vote for the RFC #[\Deprecated] attribute is now open:
>>
>> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecated_attribute
>>
>> Voting will close on Wednesday 5th June, 08:00 GMT.
>>

> The #[\Deprecated] attribute has been accepted with 23 (Yes) to 6 (No)
> votes, 79%.
>

> The secondary vote to include Deprecated::$since has also been accepted
> with 22 (Yes) to 1 (No) votes, 96%.
>

> Thank you to everyone for voting!
>

> Tim will finalize the implementation PR now and work on its merge in the
> upcoming days.

Hi Benjamin,

The vote for the RFC #[\Deprecated] attribute is now open:

>> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecated_attribute
>>
>> Voting will close on Wednesday 5th June, 08:00 GMT.
>>

> The #[\Deprecated] attribute has been accepted with 23 (Yes) to 6 (No)
> votes, 79%.
>

> The secondary vote to include Deprecated::$since has also been accepted
> with 22 (Yes) to 1 (No) votes, 96%.
>

> Thank you to everyone for voting!
>

> Tim will finalize the implementation PR now and work on its merge in the
> upcoming days.

Since the vote passed, we're discussing how we might use the attribute in
Symfony.
2 things on the topic:

1/ We're wondering about using it at the class level despite the missing
Attribute::TARGET_CLASS. ReflectionAttribute does allow reading attributes
without checking these flags and we might leverage this capability to make
our DebugClassLoader able to inspect those at the class level.

Would you consider adding Attribute::TARGET_CLASS in 8.4 already? It would
just make sense to me. We don't need the engine to do anything about
deprecated classes ever since all we need in userland is a class-loader
that checks for the attribute. Keeping the engine simpler and empowering
userland with maximum flexiblity FTW. I'm up for a quick RFC if the
consensus is this needs one.

2/ About  the "since" parameter, we're going to standardize around a
package+version string, e.g.
#[Deprecated(since: "symfony/yaml v7.2"]

I'm sharing this hoping this can spread outside of Symfony's boundary
because I think this would be a very useful practice that'd allow building
nice reporting tools.

Nicolas