On 2024-06-24 01:10, Bilge wrote:
I am pleased to present my first RFC: Static class <https://wiki.php.net/rfc/static_class>.
Just one point of feedback: for clarity I think it would be good if it mentions that creating dynamic properties i.e. $this->dynamicProp = 'bar' would also throw at runtime (or even compile time if doable?).
Absolutely. I'll include a note about this in the RFC.

On second thoughts, I don't think dynamic properties can apply at all. The notion of `$this` is a reference to an object instance; static classes cannot be instantiated, so the concept of dynamic properties simply cannot exist, and that's really all there is to it 😅 (unless I'm missing something).

Yeah sorry that is indeed not needed as it already works that way https://3v4l.org/TYIiV

It is not compile time though, but that's a separate concern.

Jordi Boggiano
@seldaek - https://seld.be