On 26 June 2024 09:23:42 BST, Rob Landers <rob@bottled.codes> wrote:

>It will always output that warning, regardless of strict types, but as this
>thread has already covered numerous times, it is unobservable from the
>executing code unless you turn the warning into an exception.

I think this conversation is probably going round in circles, becoming a kind
of "no true Scotsman" debate of "well, yes, you can observe it that way,
but..." and getting further and further away from the topic of this thread.

I believe the pattern syntax in question has already been earmarked for "future
scope", so if/when it actually gets proposed, we can discuss the use cases,
which is what actually matters.

Regards,
Rowan Tommins
[IMSoP]