Marcus Boerger wrote:
  we've haered of it in the past but it was too late to add for 4.3
series and obviously nobody cared to look for it for 5.0. So no the
next version we could add it to would be 5.1. In general the idea
is nice but it should also allow for script callbacks:

This is possible? Up to now I thought that the retrieving and processing of POST data is done BEFORE the PHP script is loaded. If I'm wrong here it definetly would be a cool thing to have script callbacks for this. And another neat thing would be to have access to the PHP session inside such a callback to store the upload progress data in it. But I think that's difficult because the session id is not known at this early moment.