Stas,

I agree that namespace constants are not needed, and are even problematic.
If I import a namespace that is divided among several files and I use a
constant from that namespace, __autoload won't let me find, and I won't know
where it is either. It's better to have a "Config" class under the namespace
that contains all the constants needed, and this class can be autoloaded if
used.

Using the same line of reasoning, what can you do with a simple function in
a namespace that you can't do with a static method in a class inside that
namespace? If we scrap functions also, then we can use the ":" operator and
everything will be simple.

Anyways, if ":::" is not accepted and I can't make namespace constants work
in the ternary with ":", then I'm simply going to remove them.

Regards,

Jessie

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]