Zeev Suraski wrote:
At 09:51 15/01/2006, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
Aidan Lister wrote:
Are the PHP group prepared to accept and implement a named parameters patch?

As far as I am concerned it would depend on the patch. If you can come up with a way to do it with requiring rewriting all 4000+ functions out there, go for it.

As Andi said, that's hardly the big issue (we could have provided it as a userland feature, not applicable to internal functions, or applicable to just a small subset of them).

The big issue is whether or not we want that feature in the language, and the answer appears to be no.

Well, having half of a feature like that by only making it work in some places is what I think many folks are against. I don't think the answer is no if we had a clean and consistent way to implement it. I would certainly be all for it in that case.

-Rasmus