> PHP will grow to a situation where half the
people are doing A and half the people are doing B. I fear that would be
very much for the worse.

Where were all these arguments when PHP was changed to become Java Jr.?

I agree that if implemented this feature should be all or nothing. If its only userland, it is confusing to new users. But, I really to find it upsetting to see so many people saying that this feature will fracture the PHP community. Those with CVS access have already put things (like all the OO functionality) in that have fractured the user base already IMO.

Brian Moon
Phorum Dev Team