Zeev, I agree with you that if this is implemented throughout the engine, it
would actually not make things better. Some people will be doing
strpos(needle: $needle, haystack: $haystack) and others will be doing
strpos($haystack, $needle) and PHP will grow to a situation where half the
people are doing A and half the people are doing B. I fear that would be
very much for the worse. So, personally, I've come to the conclusion that it
would be best if it existed as a userland feature only that people can use
for those occasions where it might actually be useful.

- Ron

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]