Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
RL>>As a C programmer this confuses me to no end.  When I see "label:" I expect

The question is should all languages be like C? So, C has it that way, and Java and Perl have it other way. We don't move to prefix notation because Forth has it ;)

No, obviously all languages shouldn't be like C and PHP has plenty of stuff that looks nothing like C, but like it or not, a lot of PHP's syntax came from C and I don't think we should be adding syntax that looks like something from C but doesn't act like it.

I still think this is a really fringe feature that isn't worth one of the first forward compatibility breaks in the procedural language in years.

-Rasmus