I've said it twice in the past few days, but I guess with the flurry of messages you've missed it.

I think it would be useful for the functionality inside the date extension to go in, but it cannot go in as class date & class timezone. These two classes need to be renamed if they are to go in and I've proposed 2 different naming conventions just a few e-mails ago. Perhaps if you were to vote on the names or second (or is it 3rd) Pierre' s proposal to shelf date until future releases we can bring this discussion to some sort of a conclusion.